A coach and a lover of all things outdoors, the unbreakable Kate Galliett joins us to talk outdoor adventure, whether you’re in the city, the country, or anywhere in between!
Listen to the EatMoveLive52 Podcast
Want to get the EatMoveLive52 Podcast delivered to your phone, tablet, or computer automatically?
Subscribe to the podcast via your favorite podcasting service using the links at the bottom of the page, and let them take care of the rest!
Show Notes and Podcast Listener Links
For all show notes, links, and downloads, click here or the image below.
Get Outdoors with the Unbreakable Kate Galliett
Kate Galliett has been a Fitness Trainer and Coach for 18 years.
Kate worked first in a commercial gym setting, then ran her own facility in the suburbs of Chicago for a number of years before moving her entire coaching practice online. She’s subsequently moved to Utah to become more active in the outdoors.
Her online writing and coaching programs can be found at her sites, Fit For Real Life and The Unbreakable Body.
She now lives in Salt Lake City, Utah where she puts her own unbreakable body to use moving through the mountains and nature regularly – and she hopes to encourage more folks to connect to nature in whatever way suits them best.
- Tell us a little bit about your work and what a day in your life typically looks like?
- How did you grow up and how do you think it influenced your connection with nature?
- How has your work as a movement teacher evolved through the years to include natural movement and the outdoors? What drove that?
- So much of your work is online and with a computer. How do you balance your still time and technology time with your outdoor time? And when you don’t how do you feel it in your body or mentally and emotionally?
- You help thousands of people through your work. What do most people who learn with you need the most and where do you feel nature-deficit has influenced their bodies?
- People who come to us have aches and pains and injuries and challenges and I’m sure it’s similar with your population. How can getting out in nature help?
- You climb, hike, ski, hunt – and for a typical urban person looking to be healthy and well this may look like it’s hard and even unattainable. What do you say to someone who wants to do more and prepare to get out and do these larger activities over time?
- When people come to you, what level of physical capacity do they have? How do you motivate clients at different levels of skill to get outdoors?
- What activities do you introduce to people who are in a city and can’t get out in the wild?
- Have you noticed any benefits or side effects when you camp longer? There are some studies that show regulation of sleep cycles with sleeping outdoors??
- Who or what are your inspirations these days? What keeps Kate ticking and getting out of bed in the morning?
- How can people connect with you and have a taste of the lovely work you do online?
Links and Resources
The Unbreakable Body on Instagram
Love the show?
Subscribe and Review the EatMoveLive52 Podcast
Reviews help spread the word, big time!
It only takes a minute to leave a quick review. Just try ten words and see how fast it goes!
Oh, and subscribing to the show brings each episode to you and your phone automatically!
Subscribe or review on Apple/iTunes
Subscribe or review on Podbean
Subscribe or review on Stitcher
Subscribe or review on Google Play
Use the RSS feed in your favorite podcast app
Our podcast theme music is “Protofunk” by Kevin MacLeod of incompetech.com. Licensed under Creative Commons 3.0.
Roland & Galina