Yes, for all the good a Fitbit or Jawbone can do, there are some negatives.
…and no, we’re not talking about EMFs, evil hackers, or nasty skin rashes, either!
Our bottom line…
- Wear a tracker to keep yourself honest
- Set reasonable goals and use a tracker to help you keep them
- Don’t let challenges drive you farther and farther past your goals
- More isn’t always better when it comes to health
- If you’re the obsessive type, realize that it can be unhealthy to obsess over healthy activities, too
- Take a tracker vacation periodically
For further reader, here’s the I09 article. How We Discovered The Dark Side Of Wearable Fitness Trackers, by Rikke Duus & Mike Cooray
Enjoy, and enjoy tracking your fitness in moderation!